In addition to being Certified Naturally Grown, here are some of our other practices and farm philosophies:
* we use permaculture farming techniques.
* we incorporate biointensive practices including companion planting for pest and disease control and for flavor, along with mulch, compost, and cover crops.
* Carbon and nitrogen cycle awareness and regenerative practices.
* Ecological care including nutrient cycles (garden feeds animals who feed the gardens) and avoidance of agrochemicals including chemical fertilizers.
* We grow in permanent raised beds using no-till farming and a focus on soil health with thriving soil microorganism community.
* Some of the people we've learned a lot from include: Elliot Coleman, Jean-Martin Fortier, and Jeff Lowenfels, among many others.
* We are ALWAYS LEARNING MORE
And when you visit our farm you can see the variety of interesting tools we use, including: broadfork, tilther, wheel hoe, rolling seeder, and more! Yes, we're hand-powered!!
call or text us at:
Our Farm Mailing Address
PO Box 1115
Kasilof, AK 99610
Join the Farm!
Our advertising budget is, well...small. We keep our friends, family, and customers informed of our products, delivery dates, and other developments through email. Sign up here to be on our VIP list :)